JonLibra

Thursday, June 05, 2008

The one with the Pox again...

I've been having this pain on my right back and shoulder for the past few days and I thot I sprained my back while gymming. Soon I noticed some rashes coming out on my back and the pain got worst... I was so worried and didnt knw wat was happening...

As I was preparing for work, the pain just kept throbbing on my back. I was comtemplating whether to apply for medical leave as I only have a few hours before I report for work. After consulting Kev, I decided to call in sick...

So Kev brought me to the doctor and to my surprise...
I was diagnosed with Shingles which is another form of Chicken Pox.
Apparently a person will get shingles if he is very stress or having low immune systems and its also left over virus from the 1st chicken pox... Damn!!!

Luckily I didnt go for work bcos shingles are very contagious. The following days to come, I was so in pain, i couldnt lift anything with my right hand and i could sleep properly. No matter how much painkillers I took, the pain is still so bad...

Today is the 4th day and finally, I felt alittle better. The pain is lesser and the rashes are drying up. Still I was told I couldnt go out yet as I might spread to others... Sigh... I wish to get better soon...

sign out.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi there am passby here=) wellwell nxt time just dun over do ting=) i mean gym=) wellwell injury ur back at e gym sometime is a serious ting n if u nv take care=) wellwell seem u have a unlucky day:P as in pox is nxt ting happen:p wellwell but at least u can have some off day at hm to rest=) wellwell hope u r better already=) wellwell take care=)

    passby=)

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    huggies!
    u'll get well soon =]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home