JonLibra

Saturday, January 05, 2008

The one with ....2008...

2008... Its a brand new year for many and new beginnings.
As for me, its just a continuation of 2007... I try to make resolutions for each year but I dun seem to follow it... so for 2008, FREE n EASY!!! Just be happy!!! (easier said than done)

How did I spend my new year countdown?



Suitton Hotel, Room 721 in Vancouver, Canada... Wow, so shiok!!! many would say.... OH SHUT UP!!! It was so pathetic, spending it alone in the room. I thot that something might happen below as I looked out the window... silence............. All I could do was watched Seattle or NYC Times Square having their countdowns on TV. Its not that I didnt try to make something happen... everyone was so tired (jet lag I guess) n I refused to go out alone. I wouldnt do anything stupid or dangerous, like join in some random parties getting fucking drunk, or just getting fucked :p or could I??? I am sure that would be much better than staying alone in the room. Kev was absent bcos he was in Taipei partying hard!!! I dun blame him, in fact I hope he had more fun than me...
Anyway, enough of sulking... I did have some fun in Vancouver actually. Me and 4 of my friends went up to Vancouver's Grouse Mountain...
Along the way, we stopped over to take some time to explore the Capilano Suspension Bridge. It was alrite. Nice view, fresh air, "COLD!!!!"...


Next stop was Grouse Mountain, we took a cable ride up the steep mountain.


The view over Vancouver was magnificent, its just great. The only complain was being too foggy that day... it would be perfect. When we arrived, it wasnt very crowded, visibility is quite ok. The best time was when we decided to have a snowball fight. The snowballs were all so soft and fluffy... :)



After tiring ourselves out, we recharged by having a light meal at the bistro in the lodge. The stew was not bad. Skiing wasnt an option bcos some of the girls are not confident and we didnt want to hurt ourselves just in case, so we took up a less dangerous winter sport. Ice skating...



It was so long time ago in my polytechnic days I last skated. I wasnt too bad then, I hope I didnt loose touch of it and made a fool of myself. I never dreamt that I would one day skate on an actual frozen lake (the size of a pond actually)... none the less, it was great experience, seeing my friends falling all over the place...




Soon, the sun started to set and we hurried back fearing massive crowd jamming into the buses... and we were glad we did bcos it was reported, after an hour we left, there was a blizzard. Too bad we didnt manage to catch some dropping of snow flakes... it would be the icing on the cake for the whole experience...



Thanks... Nidhi, Ellen, Billy, Michelle for such a memorable experience :)

Its been 8 days since I left spore. I miss Kev alot and my next stop would be visiting my good good friends in KL for the next 4 days... I can't wait.

sign out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home